There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about purchasing a Boykin Spaniel.
Please read below before you consider purchasing from a Breeder.
Our goal is to help the future Boykin Spaniel owner make the right choice when acquiring a Boykin Spaniel as a new member of the family, whether a new puppy, retired dog, started hunting dog, performance dog or a rescue Boykin. Boykin Spaniels are an amazing gundog - both flushing and retrieving seasoned hunting companions, yet a wonderful household pet and best friend.
We suggest that when you contact any breeder that you be prepared to ask questions of the breeder and also be prepared to answer questions from the breeder. Please only seek breeders that do the required OFA testing for the Boykin Spaniel Breed. The OFA is a good source. Responsible Breeders work hard to breed out problems. See the Health Education Section below to be informed. See the FAQ page and the BSCBAA Code of Ethics and read our Health Education page for assistance before buying.
1. Eye Examination by a boarded ACVO Ophthalmologist with results with OFA.
2. Patellar Luxation - OFA Evaluation
3. Hip Dysplasia - OFA or OVC or PennHip Evaluation
4. Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC) - DNA test through approved lab.
5. Collie Eye Anomaly (CEA) - DNA test through approved lab.
6. Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) - DNA test through approved lab.
1. Congenital Cardiac Database
2. Elbow Dysplasia - OFA Evaluation
Recommend full DNA panel results from approved lab. Click details!
The BSCBAA does not endorse any breeders listed on this site. The BSCBAA is not liable and accepts no responsibility for any agreements or transactions between you and any listed breeder or seller. The BSCBAA makes no guarantees to the health or quality of any dogs. The BSCBAA Breeder Listing is only provided as a service to the public.
John Eichelberg - John’s Boykins
There are many ways to get involved with BSCBAA - AKC Boykin Spaniels. Attend one of our events, become a member, or volunteer your time. We'd love to have you on board!